Friday, April 22, 2011

Eat Right

Who doesn't love Chick-fil-A?

No, really.

Who doesn't love Chick-fil-A? I've got a few words for you - most notably these: our friendship is OVER.

My friendship with Chick-fil-A goes back to junior high. Each weekend, my mom would drop my best friend Erin and I off at the Anderson Mall. She'd give us each $5, and with it, both of us would buy a Chick-fil-A Value Meal (back when they were in a box - remember?), the latest cassingle from Record Bar, and something absolutely "spectacular" from Everything's $1.

I still frequent Chick-fil-A. In fact, I often joke that my wages should be garnished by them and Target, and after spending a week in London, malnourished by the absolutely disgusting diets of the British (no offense), my first meal back Stateside was a Chicken Biscuit and a large tea. This is often my first meal - of the day, of a mini-break. "All great weekends begin with Chicken Biscuits" is something I believe as firmly as I hold to the inalienable truth that Cadbury Eggs should be sold year-round.

I also firmly believe in the values to which Chick-fil-A is committed. That's why I'm asking my three readers (Sissy, you've joined Mom and Daddy, right?) to take part in this week's Buycott (described in the video below).

I'll see you there! After all, those biscuits don't just eat themselves.

2 comments:

  1. Full disclosure. Despite being a flaming homosexual (or rather, "your only gay atheist Buddhist friend," as you once called me, Kristin), I couldn't manage to muster the strength to participate in the Chick-Fil-A boycott. I believe they put crack in the chicken batter. So delicious.

    ReplyDelete