Monday, February 20, 2012

He Cares for ME?!

Do you ever hear something that you just can't stop thinking about? Maybe it's the first time you heard a certain song or the first time you saw a certain face, and, for whatever reason, you just can't get it out of your head

I had one of those experiences today.  I heard a pastor say something that I cannot quit thinking about. Here's what it was:
"While you may not hear God call out your name audibly, He knows it; He knows it well, and He knows you. He knows every turn of your heart, every struggle of your soul, every doubt, every fear, every sin, and He loves you still, and He leads you still, and He calls on you to trust Him no matter what."
God knows MY name? The One Who created the universe? The God so big He breathes stars (Ps. 33:6) cares about ME?! As impossible as it is to believe--even David, the man after God's Own heart, was blown away by this, wondering, "What is man that You are mindful of him?"--it's true. The Bible tells us in Psalm 139 that God has searched and known each of us.
"You know when I sit down and when I rise up; You discern my thoughts from afar. You search out my path and my lying down and are acquainted with ALL MY WAYS. Even before a word is on my tongue, behold, O Lord, You know it altogether." - Ps. 129:2-4
Further, we know that He cares for us, because I Peter 5:7 tells us so. Once again, I agree with David, who wrote, "Such knowledge is too wonderful for me; it is high; I cannot attain it!" (Ps. 139:6). But the fact that it's so hard to believe doesn't make it any less true.

How does this reality change your life? What does it mean to you to know that the God, for Whom nothing is too hard (Jer. 32:17), not only KNOWS you, but He cares about you?

I, for one, just can't stop thinking about it.


No comments:

Post a Comment