Sunday, November 14, 2010

BREAKING NEWS from the Dissertation Beat



Chapter Four is NO MORE!

That means I've finished it ... well, the first draft of it, anyway. Well, most of the first draft of it. To be honest, I could've knocked it out a looooot sooner if I didn't have to actually produce the evidence to back up my assertions. It's such a to-tal drag - but my super-conservative committee is insisting that I actually substantiate my claims about the life and lyrics of Dorothy Fields. Since when does that matter? Proof, schmoof! Just ask the crack squad of sports reporters (and "independent bloggers") covering the Cam Newton story. They can say whatever they want without having to produce so much as a shred of evidence. Why can't I do the same?

Oh, wait. I just remembered why. It's called academic integrity. Journalists used to have it, too - emphasis on the "used to."

Oh, well. Doesn't matter. After all ...

CHAPTER FOUR IS NO MORE!

As my mom always likes to say in these situations, "SUCK IT, NAYSAYERS." Hey - maybe Cam should try that the next time he gets a call from a certain New York Times reporter.




("Do you not know? Have you not heard? The LORD is the everlasting God,
the Creator of the ends of the earth. He will not grow tired or weary,
and His understanding no one can fathom
." - Isaiah 40:28

Father, thank You for filling me with Your unfathomable understanding, for making sense of my scattered thoughts as I seek to finish this dissertation. To You I give all the glory, as the Giver of every good and perfect gift. In Jesus's name, Amen.)

1 comment:

  1. Hey- I have a c-section scheduled for Friday. What is your email? i don't think you use your aol anymore, right? mine is jenniecouncill@gmail.com Send it to me and I will put you on the list- clay will send out the news!
    PS I am totally bringing you on vacation with me next time if you will pack for my kids!!! :) You are awesome!

    ReplyDelete