Wednesday, May 30, 2012

Someone Else's Ultrasound

Blame it on the hormones or the fact that I didn't sleep well last nite or fact that cutting back to one Coke a day has REALLY impacted my disposition (just ask Jeremy), but this video, sent to me by my friend Leslie, had me bawling. It also had me wondering "how do people say that there is no God?!" I am honestly dumbstruck that really intelligent people with really wonderful hearts can look at the human body - the most complicated "machine" known to man - and truly believe that it was formed by chance.

In his tongue-in-cheek "Big Mistake," David Wilcox expresses this shock way better than I ever could:

They taught us kids in school, between the recess breaks,
that the universe just sorta fell together like a Big Mistake.
It started with a bang that set the pieces flying.
Then it cooled and twirled into dinosaurs and dandelions.

CHORUS:
It was a big mistake to have eyes that see,
to have love like this inside of me,
to have lips that smile, as I swim your kiss,
to have minds that will forever every part of this.
Ah, the moonlight shrouded in the clouds above,
and the autumn leaves and the falling love,
the still reflection in the moonlight lake,
All, they said, it was a Big Mistake! It was a BIG Mistake!

"Mistake"? Hardly. A "mistake" is expecting me to be able to cook, just because I have all of the utensils. Or hoping the laundry will fold itself if I just leave it in the dryer long enough (it doesn't; trust me - I've tried). The creation and formation of new life is no mistake, and it can only be wrought through the work of the only wise God, to Whom belongs all "glory, majesty, dominion, and authority." The only "mistake" is believing otherwise.

Don't believe me?  See for yourself.




"I praise You, for I am fearfully and wonderfully made ..."

1 comment: